Friday 11 July 2008

How to make a heart origami!

So as you might've noticed, I haven't posted in a while. I've been a busy little bee and my blog was, to be honest, the last thing on my mind. But I'm back!

When I was a wee pre-teen, I used to love making origamis. About half the girls in my class were Asian so they always came up with a new paper-folding technique that dazzled me (and the rest of the girls in class, of course). I still remember a couple, so I've decided to show you how to make my favourite one: the heart origami! All you need is an A4 and a flat surface.

PS. I've recently been told that this isn't an official origami, as it uses an A4 instead of a square paper. Still cute, though!

Here we go:

1- Take an A4 and fold one tip to the other side, making a triangle.



2- Unfold it and do the same to the other side.




3- Turn the paper over and fold it straight, in the middle of the X formed by the previous folds.


4- Turn the paper over again and press the middle of the X.




5- Fold the top of the paper down, keeping the sides folded in. (You'll end up with a wee house-looking paper!)

6- Take a side of the "roof of the house" and fold it up.

7- Do the same to the other one, making a diamond-shape.
8- Fold the side of the house onto itself.

9- Again, do the same on the other side.


10- Turn the whole thing over and fold the bottom up.



11- Take the top part (triangle) and fold it down, leaving the flaps from the other side still up.
12- Now this is a bit tricky: Take a bottom corner and fold it into the pocket, as shown.
13- Same on the other side!

14- Fold the top flap diagonally, making a triangle on top and tuck in the tip.


15- There you have it!

1 comment:

Rebecca Sophia said...

I think I taught you how to make that one...

 

Web Site Hit Counters
scientific matchmaking